Pumpkin Cheesecake - Diabetic FriendlyFrom spinach1948 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- ½ cup gingersnap cookie crumbs shopping list
- 3 packets Equal sweetener or equivalent shopping list
- 5 Tbs. margarine, melted shopping list
- 2 Pkg. ( 8-oz each ) fat-free cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 Pkg. ( 8-oz ) 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 cup canned pumpkin shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 24 packets Equal sweetener or equivalent shopping list
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground ginger shopping list
- ½ tsp. ground cloves shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 350 F.
- Mix graham cracker and gingersnap crumbs, 3 packets of Equal, and melted margarine in bottom of an 8 or 9-inch springform pan; reserve 2 tablespoons crumb mixture. Pat remaining mixture evenly on bottom and ½ inch up side of pan. Bake in preheated 350 F. oven until crust is lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Coll on wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 300 F.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth in mixing bowl; mix in pumpkin, egg and egg whites. Mix in 24 packets Equal, cornstarch and spices. Pour mixture into crust in pan. Wrap bottom of spring form pan with aluminum foil and place in roasting pan on middle oven rack; add 1-inch of hot water to pan. Bake in preheated 300 F. oven just until set in the center, 45 – 50 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from roasting pan; sprinkle with reserved crumbs and return to oven. Turn oven off and let cheesecake cool with door ajar for 3 hours. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Remove side of springform pan before serving.
- Diabetic Friendly
- Nutritional Values: Calories per serving: 168, Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 37mg, Sodium: 311mg, Carbohydrate: 16g, Protein: 8g
- Food Exchanges: 1 milk, ½ starch, 2 fat.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating4 people
I love this recipe Ed.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Tastes like pumpkin pie.
See Pumpkin Cheesecake Diabetic Friendly for more.
4/25/16pointsevenout in Athens loved it
Cheesecake Lovers337 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Low Carbs18 members
Diabetic And Or Lowcarb122 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place159 members
Anything Cheese31 members
All Things Cheese76 members
Diabetic Friendly Recipes43 members
All Things Pumpkin40 members
Cheesecake Angels37 members