Jetts Chocolate Peanut Butter CakeFrom jett2whit 5 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk shopping list
- 1 cup brewed coffee, cooled to room temperature shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons 2% reduced fat milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- miniature chocolate chips (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 13 x 9-inch glass baking pan with cooking spray.
- 2. To prepare cake, sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- 3. Combine oil and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Using a mixer, beat at medium speed until well combined. Add eggs; beat well. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl. Stir in the coffee and vanilla (batter will be thin).
- 3. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 4. To prepare frosting, combine cream cheese and peanut butter in a large mixing bowl. Using a mixer, beat at medium speed until smooth. Add powdered sugar, milk and vanilla; beat until smooth. (If frosting is too thin, add more powdered sugar; if it is too thick, add more milk.) Spread frosting over top of cooled cake and sprinkle with chocolate chips, if using. Store in the refrigerator. Serves 16.
- Nutritional Information
- Nutritional facts per serving: 350 calories, 18g fat, 5g protein, 49g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 350mg sodium.
The Cookjett2whit Union City, GA
The Rating8 people
Holy smokes!! This sounds unbelievable!! I'm gona try to make it this weekend. I'll let you know if I get a chance.bostyn in San Diego loved it
Mmm..I like the coffee in it ...and love cream cheese!dynie in Marietta loved it
Wonderful recipe Jett. Have a blessed day!mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it