Joses Green Chili Chicken EnchiladasFrom elgourmand 4 years ago
- • 2 Tbl. oil shopping list
- • 5-6 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- • 1/2 medium onion, sliced shopping list
- • 2 tsp whole cumin seed, crushed shopping list
- • 1 cup green serrano chilies, chopped shopping list
- • 1 tsp whole leaf oregano shopping list
- • 1 1/2 cup cooked chicken cut into 3/4 inch pieces or pulled into strips shopping list
- • 1 cup chicken stock or broth shopping list
- • A dozen or so corn tortillas shopping list
- • 1 cup hot oil for frying (optional) shopping list
- • Grated mild cheddar cheese, sour cream, etc. for topping (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat 2 Tbl oil in your trusty cast iron skillet
- 2. Brown Garlic, onion & cumin seed slightly
- 3. Add the chilies and stir around until chilies are softened
- 4. Add oregano, chicken & chickens stock and simmer a spell until well mixed and cooked through. You can thicken this a bit with corn meal if you like.
- 5. Soften the tortillas by dipping into hot oil for just a moment.
- 6. Place the tortilla on your cutting board and spread some of your chicken/green chili mix about 1/3 of the way across the tortilla.
- 7. Roll tortilla into a tube shape and set in a plate.
- 8. When you’ve used up all the mix you can fry each enchilada in the very hot oil for just 20 - 30 seconds per side and drain (optional).
The Cookelgourmand Apia, WS
The Rating11 people
High 5! loves enchiladas!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Love it all!goodeat in Benton loved it
Another "5"FORK!!!!! WINNER recipe~
I appreciate unexpected ingredients~!
Also the method of preparation~
mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!