Golden Potato pancakesFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 4 to 6 medium potatoes ( Yukon Gold variety preferable ) shopping list
- 1 small onion shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 to 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp dried parsley shopping list
- dash black pepper shopping list
- vegetable oil to fry shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- applesauce shopping list
How to make it
- .Peel potatoes and place in a bowl of ice water shortly before preparing the pancakes..
- In a food processor with metal blade place peeled cut up onion and cut of potatoes and process into a smooth mixture.
- Place mixture into a colander and drain off excess liquid very well.
- Place potato mixture into a bowl and add the eggs, flour, baking powder, salt pepper and parsley and mix well.
- Heat one inch of oil in a heavy duty to skillet over medium high heat.
- When oil sizzles, drop mixture by heaping tablespoons into the hot oil.
- Do not crowd them.
- Fry until golden brown on one side and carefully turn to brown second side.
- Try not to turn each side more than once.
- Drain on absorbent paper towels and serve immediately with sour cream, applesauce , maple syrup or any topping of choice.
- Serves 4 (4 pancakes a piece) - or about 16 to 18 pancakes.
- Variations: substitute some sweet potatoes, or peeled apple, or zucchini etc for a change of flavor.
- Or for a change of texture one may coarse shred the potatoe
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating7 people
This is a nice change to see with pancakes.aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
Yum Yum, potatoe panackes, sound great,
High Five Fork to YOu
Janetjlv1023 in Plymouth loved it
nothin like tater pancakes high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Food Styling And Photography254 members
Comfort Foods775 members
Quick N Easy123 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Jewish Food Lovers100 members
Mad About Potatoes65 members
Pass The Potatoes103 members
Jewish Recipe Gems13 members
Delicious Foods39 members
Vegetarian Appetizers41 members