Chili Cheese Beer FriesFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, finely chopped, plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- one 12-ounce bottle dark Mexican beer, such as Negra Modelo shopping list
- one 14-ounce can diced fire-roasted tomatoes shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- one 32-ounce bag frozen thick-cut French fries shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and flour and cook, stirring often, until softened and just beginning to brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the chipotle and adobo sauce, brown sugar, paprika and salt and cook, stirring, about 1 minute.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add the ground beef, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, and cook until no longer pink, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in the beer, scraping up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan, and cook until liquid is reduced by about half.
- Stir in the tomatoes, reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- While the chili is simmering, bake the fries according to package directions.
- In the last 5 minutes of baking, sprinkle 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese over the fries to melt.
- Remove fries from the oven and set oven to broil.
- Heap the fries onto an ovenproof serving platter and ladle the hot chili over them.
- Top with remaining cheese and place under the broiler until cheese bubbles, about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating6 people
Very cool recipe I flagged it as unique.aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
Who in the world could resist these. Maybe every once in a while, we can cheat and smile.tablescape in loved it
Party Food316 members
Cooking With Beer39 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
Anything Goes286 members
Appetizers And Dips267 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
101 A Cheese Place143 members
GROUND BEEF94 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members