Oven Fried Zucchini SticksFrom bemontgomery 7 years ago
- canola oil cooking spray shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini (about 3 medium), cut into 1/2-by-3-inch sticks shopping list
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine flours, cornmeal, salt and pepper in a large sealable plastic bag.
- Dip zucchini in egg white, shake in the bag to coat, and arrange, not touching, on the baking sheet. Coat all exposed sides with cooking spray.
- Bake on the center rack for 7 minutes. Turn the zucchini and coat any floury spots with cooking spray. Continue to bake until golden and just tender, about 5 minutes more. Serve hot.
The Cookbemontgomery Fishers, IN
The Rating6 people
I LOVE zucchini sticks - what a great idea for cutting down on the fat...they sound (and look) delish - will be trying these. Thanks!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
Hey BE, I made these tonight - only variation was that I added some parmesan cheese to the flour mix because we love the flavor. I have to tell anyone looking at this recipe: TRY IT!!!! It was so easy, so tasty, and so little fat it didn't even cou...morekrumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it