Marinated Scallops Wrapped in BaconFrom karlyn255 6 years ago
- 3/4 cup maple syrup shopping list
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- 12 large sea scallops, halved shopping list
- 12 slices smoked bacon, halved shopping list
- 24 toothpicks shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 package garlic and herb spegetti noodles shopping list
How to make it
- Stir together maple syrup, soy sauce, brown sugar and Dijon mustard in a bowl until smooth.
- Add the scallops, and toss to coat.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Arrange bacon pieces on baking sheet so they do not overlap.
- Bake in preheated oven until some of the grease has rendered out of the bacon; the bacon should still be very soft and pliable, about 8 minutes. Remove bacon from the baking sheet and pat with paper towels to remove excess grease.
- Wrap each scallop piece with a piece of bacon, and secure with a toothpick.
- Cook spegetti as package directs.
- Place in a baking dish.
- Pour marinate over the scallops
- Broil on low until the scallops are opaque and the bacon is crisp, 10 to 15 minutes, turning once.
- Yield 24 pieces
- I used the largest scallops I could find and bought 1 pound of them. This was heaven.
The Cookkarlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
The Rating6 people
I love scallops :)
5 forksaussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
Sounds bomb diggity!!bostyn in San Diego loved it
Never thought of putting maple syrup with scallops. I give you a 5 for ingenuity.
tablescape in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!