Cream BunsFrom hopscotch 4 years ago
- 1 cake compressed yeast shopping list
- ¼ cup sugar shopping list
- ½ cup Lukewarm milk shopping list
- 4 cups flour shopping list
- 1 cup Luke warm water shopping list
- 2 ounces butter shopping list
- 1 pinch salt shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon water extra shopping list
- ½ cup water shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 4 ounces butter shopping list
- ½ teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Cream yeast with 1 tsp of the sugar. Add luke warm milk and let stand 10-15 mins. until frothy.
- Sift flour and remaining sugar into a bowl. Rub in butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Make a well in the centre, add yeast mixture and luke warm water. Mix to a soft dough.
- Turn onto floured surface and knead 5 mins. Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover and stand in a warm place 1 hr. or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch down in bowl. Turn on to floured surface and knead 5 mins.
- Divide into 24 equal portions. Knead each portion of dough into a round. Put on a well greased tray allowing room for spreading. Set in a warm place 10 mins. or until 1/2 doubled in size.
- Brush with combined egg-yolk and water. Bake in a hot oven 10 mins., reduce heat to moderate, bake a further 15 mins. or until golden brown. Place buns on a wire rack, when cold split open, fill with raspberry jam and mock cream.
- Dust each bun with icing sugar (confectionary sugar).
- MOCK CREAM FILLING:
- Combine water and sugar. Stir over heat to dissolve sugar. Bring to boil and remove and leave to get completely cold. Beat together butter and vanilla until white and fluffy. Gradually add syrup, beating until thick.
- REC.FOOD.RECIPES From rec.food.cooking archives. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .
The Cookhopscotch CA
The Rating5 people
Just Awsome! and decandant filling to match thanks for sharing will print and try savemomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Sounds great! Can't wait to try.momoften in nowhere loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!