Beet Chocolate CakeFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- 398 mL can sliced beets, drained shopping list
- unsweetened apple sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp. water shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 tsp. white vinegar shopping list
- 1 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup white flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup cocoa shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup Splenda shopping list
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Oil or spray two 8- or 9-inch cake pans.
- Put the drained beets into the food processor with 1/4 cup (clear) water, and process until pureed.
- Put the pureed beets into a 2-cup measure. Add enough apple sauce to reach the 2-cup line.
- Add the 2 tablespoons water, vanilla extract, and vinegar to the beets and mix well.
- Mix the dry ingredients together, add the beet mixture and stir until well-combined.
- Bake for 35 minutes Test by inserting a toothpick into the center; it's done when the toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting and serving.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
can you just use 1 cup of splenda of instead of sugar and splenda , and also use all wheat flour instead of mixreswig in Raleigh loved it
Jo Jo I tried the cake it is very good but you were right it is a little heavy using the ingredients that I used, but it was still moist. I even made my icing from sugar free fat free choc mousse and it turned out good. Thanks for your helpreswig in Raleigh loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
On A Budget559 members
Sweet Tooth446 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Make Your Ingredients222 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Good To Freeze127 members
Chocolate Dreams354 members
Comfort Foods773 members