Green Chili Cheese SquaresFrom sparow64 4 years ago
- Non-stick cooking spray shopping list
- 2 cups shredded mexican cheese blend shopping list
- 8 ounces shredded Oaxaca cheese (Asedero, OR Quesedilla cheese) - usually in a round brick, near the cream cheese shopping list
- 2 (4.5 ounce) cans chopped green chiles shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden garlic blend ** shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions shopping list
- 4 fresh jalapenos, cored, seeded and minced shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- **- this is a brand name, fresh herbs and spices in a tube shopping list
- http://www.gourmetgarden.com/us/ shopping list
- She used a mexican spice blend that she had, and chopped garlic. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9-by-13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl combine cheese blend, Oaxaca cheese, chiles, garlic, cilantro, scallions and jalapenos.
- Toss cream cheese with cheese mixture and set aside. In small bowl beat together eggs, milk and flour.
- Add to cheese mixture and stir.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake 35-45 minutes, or until set.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool until warm. Invert onto baking sheet, cover and refrigerate.
- When cool, cut into squares.
- Serve as appetizer, with cheese plate or addition to a salad.
People Who Like This Dish 8
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- arkiesue Little Rock, AR
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- justjakesmom Everett, WA
- quaziefly ALL POINTS
- shandalulu West Valley City, UT
- wynnebaer Dunnellon, Florida
- celeana1 Casco
- lindakj Raeford, NC
- theo_anno DALLAS, TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating9 people
Sounds incredible!!wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
Wow! These sound fantastic, Lori! Gotta tell ya though, the name threw me off there. Something about it being called fudge. LOL I think if I make it, I'll offer it as Green Chile Cheese Squares! LOL ;')justjakesmom in Everett loved it
WOW WEE THATS DIFFERENT IT SOUNDS GREAT THOUGH IM GONNA TRY IT THANKS!!!!! YEP ME TOO DONNA THE FUDGE NAME LOL BUT THIS IS GREAT
TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it