Oyster StewFrom chef_irish 6 years ago
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped shallot shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon Real butter shopping list
- 1 Pint Shucked oyster, Undrained shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 Cups half-and-half or light cream shopping list
- 1 Cup whole milk shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon Snipped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/4 Teaspoon white pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In A Large Sauce Pan Cook Shallot in Hot Butter Over Medium Heat Until Tender. Stir In Undrained Oysters and Salt. Bring to Boiling; Reduce Heat to Medium. Cook for 3 - 5 Minutes or Until Oysters Curl Around the Edges, Stirring Occasionally.
- Stir In The Half-and-Half, Milk, Parsley and Pepper; Heat Through. If Desired, Top Each Serving with Additional Butter. Oyster Crackers May Also Be Put Out in A Bowl for Those That Love Them.
The Cookchef_irish Gainesville, FL
The Rating4 people
I haven't had oyster stew in years.. sounds wonderful... 5 for sure!midwestguy in Chicago loved it
Ah yes. Oyster stew as it should be, not all gussied up with frippery and such. I always try to have some real, old fashioned sour dough rolls with this. Thanks for the reminder post. RJelgourmand in Apia loved it
THIS is the way to make oyster stew! Perfectamundo.Admobeer in JAX loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!