Gourmet Lemon - Mushroom RisottoFrom thepoint 4 years ago
- 6 cups chicken broth, divided shopping list
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1 pound portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 pound white mushrooms, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 shallots, diced shopping list
- 2 cups arborio rice shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- sea salt to taste shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- "Authentic Italian-style risotto cooked the slow and painful way, but oh so worth it. Complements grilled meats and chicken dishes very well. Check the rice by biting into it. It should be slightly al dente (or resist slightly to the tooth but not be hard in the center)."
- In a saucepan, warm the broth over low heat.
- Warm 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the mushrooms, and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Remove mushrooms and their liquid, and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to the same pan, and stir in the shallots. Cook 1 minute. Add rice, stirring to coat with oil, about 2 - 3 minutes. When the rice has taken on a pale, golden color, pour in wine, stirring constantly until the wine is fully absorbed. Add the lemon juice and stir until absorbed. Add 1/2 cup broth to the rice, and stir until the broth is absorbed. Continue adding broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente, about 20 to 30 minutes (or more).
- Remove from heat, and stir in mushrooms with their liquid, butter, chives, lemon zest and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If the chicken broth used has a lot of seasoning in it, make certain you taste it before you add the final salt and pepper.
The Cookthepoint Hagerstown, MD
The Rating4 people
Yum, can't wait to try this!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Molto Bella. This should be a terrific Risotto. The wine should bring out the flavors very nicely. Up for 5. RJelgourmand in Apia loved it
Lovely recipe - thank you.aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!