Southern Peach PieFrom tinam 7 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 box (15 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 5 1/2 to 6 cups sliced peeled peaches (8 to 9 medium) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 bag (12 oz) frozen whole raspberries or blackberries, thawed, drained and liquid reserved shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400°F. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using 9-inch glass pie pan.
- In large bowl, gently mix peaches and lemon juice to coat. Gently stir in all remaining Filling ingredients. Spoon into crust-lined pan. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. After 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover edge of crust with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Cool at least 1 hour before serving.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, mix 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cornstarch. If necessary, add water to reserved raspberry liquid to measure 1/2 cup. Gradually stir liquid into sugar mixture. Cook, stirring contantly, over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Gently fold in raspberries; stir in almond extract. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- To serve, cut pie into wedges; place on individual dessert plates. Spoon sauce over pie.
- TIP: For easier peeling, submerge peaches in boiling water for about 30 seconds; remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to ice water — skins will slide off.
- Recipe courtesy of Pillsbury.com