Lemon Three - Cheese CakeFrom jo_jo_ba 5 years ago
- 1 ½ cups vanilla cookie crumbs shopping list
- 1 tbsp sugar shopping list
- ½ tsp lemon extract shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta shopping list
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese, room temperature shopping list
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature shopping list
- ¾ cup sugar shopping list
- ¼ cup honey shopping list
- Zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 F, line the bottom of a 9” springform pan with parchment and wrap the outside of the pan in foil.
- Combine cookie crumbs, sugar, lemon extract and butter in a large bowl until well combined.
- Press the mixture firmly into the bottom and 2” up the side of the pan.
- Bake 15 minutes, set aside to cool slightly.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 F.
- In a food processor, puree ricotta and mascarpone until smooth.
- Add cream cheese and sugar, blend well, stopping the machine occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Blend in the honey and lemon zest.
- Mix together lemon juice and cornstarch, then add to the food processor with the eggs and egg yolk and pulse until blended.
- Pour the mixture into the crust, and transfer the pan to a large roasting pan.
- Pour hot water into the roasting pan halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes, covering the pan with foil after 40 minutes.
- Cool for 1 hour in the roasting pan, then remove from the water bath and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate (covered) 24 hours before serving.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating5 people
As someone who loves cheesecake, this is a very nice, light alternative to the "bricks" I make. A great way to finish a meal! Thanks for sharing!!hooksc in Zeeland loved it