round steak stroganoffFrom sammij 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 # round steak (tenderize meat) shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 tbsp. flour shopping list
- 1 cup beef bouillion shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1 tbsp. instant minced onion shopping list
- 1 can (4 0z) sliced mushrooms shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- Hot buttered noodles or rice shopping list
How to make it
- 1) cut steak across the grain into thin strips 1/2" X 2"
- Sprinkle with tenderizer, let stand
- 2) Melt 2 tbsp.butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add steak & brown gently. Remove meat from skillet
- 3) Melt remaining butter in skillet. Stir in flour to make a smooth paste. Stir in bouillon, red wine, & onion. Drain mushrooms& add
- mushroom liquid. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until
- smooth & thickened. Season with salt & pepper ( according to taste)
- 4) Return meat to sauce. Add mushrooms
- 5) Cover . Lower heat & simmer gently about 30 min.(or until meat is tender.
- 6) Stir in sour cream & heat, (But do not BOIL)
- 7) Serve with hot noodles or rice
- 8) makes about 4 servings
The Cooksammij Kimball, MN
The Rating4 people
Thank-you for a Wonderful
Red Wine makes many foods
"just that much Better"!
~*~mjcmcook~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
love this recipe - I opened a new bottle of Oyster Bay Merlot and saved 1/2 cup for cooking and drank the rest - gotta be a great recipe :))ditty in Brisbane loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!