Smothered Pork ChopsFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 3 Tbs butter shopping list
- 1-1/2 c uncooked lon grain rice shopping list
- 1 onion diced shopping list
- 3 c chicken broth shopping list
- 1 Tbs crushed dried rosemary shopping list
- 1 tsp ground sage shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 4 (8oz). pork shoulder chops shopping list
- 2 Tbs Paula Deen House seasoning,or som salt,pepper and garlic powder shopping list
- Paula Deen Seasoning: 1 c. kosher salt,1/4 c fresh ground black pepper,1/4 c garlic powder. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degfrees. Spray 9x13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large skillet,melt butter over med-high heat. Add rice and onion;cook,stirring frequently,for 5 mins,or till rice is browned and onion tender. Set aside
- In med. saucepan combine broth,rosemary,sage and salt;bring to boil over med-high heat. Stir in rice mixture,cover,reduce heat to med-low and cook 15 mins.
- Sprinkle pork chops evenly with house seasoning.
- Heat large skillet over med-high heat. Cook pork chops for 2 mins a side or till browned. Place in prepared dish . spoon rice mixture evenly over pork chops. Cover tightly with heavy-duty foil and bake 45 mins.
- Mix all ingredients for house seasoning together and store in tightly sealed jar for 6 months.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating6 people
Good job :)donman in Hammond loved it
Awww those sweet little babies up there! Almost makes me want to not eat pig....but not quite! Great recipe, thanks and five forks...debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
yuuummy, thanks for this good recipehunnee in Nanaimo loved it