Corned Beef HashFrom thepoint 4 years ago
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup sweet onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cups potatoes, diced * shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 5 cups leftover corned beef and cabbage, well drained and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- * more or less, depending how much potato you have in your left over corned beef and cabbage.
- Melt the butter in a large, heavy skillet set over medium heat. Add the bell pepper, onions, and potatoes; cook until the onions begins to brown slightly, approximately 5 to 6 minutes. Add the garlic, corned beef and cabbage, thyme, oregano and black pepper to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Once combined, spread the hash evenly over the pan and firmly press down with a spatula. Place a heavy lid, heatproof plate or second pan directly atop the hash and allow to cook until browned, approximately 10 minutes. After 10 minutes stir mixture, press down again, top with the lid and allow to cook another 5 to 6 minutes, or until browned.
- Serve immediately. If desired, serve with poached eggs or eggs over easy. Pass the hot sauce!
- Original recipe by Alton Brown but modified by our daughter, Candice
- Made by Candice March 21, 2010 -- definitely a keeper!
The Cookthepoint Hagerstown, MD
The Rating5 people
I do like corned beef hash. I make it with left over corned beef, some left over roast or just a hunk of no name beef my wife's family drops off. Tell Candice she has taken hash to a new level. Thanks. RJelgourmand in Apia loved it
I made this for my husband the other morning. He raved about it so I snuck a bite and it was so good!!! Definitely keeping this recipe around for the next time we have some leftover corned beef, it's a keeper!!! Added this into the IMI -------->...moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!