Creamy Broccoli Kale SoupFrom otterpond 4 years ago
- * 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- * 1 cup onions shopping list
- * 1 pepper poblano pepper, Raw shopping list
- * 2 large stalk Raw celery shopping list
- * 3 cup broccoli shopping list
- * 4 cup kale shopping list
- * 2 average potato potato shopping list
- * 1 cup carrots shopping list
- * 3 clove Garlic clove shopping list
- * 2 tbsp ginger Root shopping list
- * 3 cup chicken broth-fat Free, Low Sodium shopping list
- * 1 cup Healthy Heart orange juice - With Omega-3 shopping list
- * 1 tbsp chili paste shopping list
- * 1 tbsp cilantro shopping list
- * 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- * 1 tsp spices, cayenne pepper shopping list
- * 1 tsp nutmeg, Ground shopping list
- * 1 cup Non Fat dry milk shopping list
- * 2 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare the veggies: (about 10 minutes)
- I used one bunch of fresh broccoli and prepared by cutting off the flowers then dicing the stock and stems. Dice up the onion, poblano, celery and broccoli stalk and stems so they will saute quickly. The carrots can just be diced. Wash the potatoes well but leave the skin on for the extra vitamins and dice. The ginger root needs to be peeled then finely minced. Chop the kale into bit size pieces.
- Saute the veggies: (about 10 minutes)
- Heat up butter in a large soup pot and saute the onion, garlic, poblano, celery, and broccoli stalk and stems. Press in the garlic cloves and toss well on medium high heat. You want the veggies to soften but not scorch. If you need a little something to prevent burning just add a tiny bit of water.
- Stew the Veggies:
- Pour the chicken broth and orange juice over the sauteed veggies. Add the chili paste, chopped carrot, diced potatoes, kale and ginger. Stir well. Mix the dried milk with the water and spices then pour into the pot and mix again.
- Cover the pot to bring to a good boil for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid, give it a good stirring reduce heat and let simmer for about 30 minutes until the potato and carrots are well softened.
- Finish it off:
- Use your blender to puree the soup. Fill the blender only to half and make sure to cover. BE CAREFUL ITS HOT!!
- As you puree each batch return it to a pot and let the puree simmer another 15 minutes.
The Cookotterpond Orlando, FL
The Rating3 people
I could use this HUGE dose of health right about now. Perfect timing and looks delicious!misslizzi in Philadelphia loved it
Have a ton of Kale from my weekly Farm box. Looks like this might be just the ticket! Thanks!chuckieb in Ottawa loved it
This was indeed a "Soup Pot Celebration". There are soooooo many vegetables in this! You simply feel healthier just with one sip! I didn't have a Poblano pepper so just used a red one. I was a little anxious putting the orange juice in ther...morechuckieb in Ottawa loved it