Indian Home FriesFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 6 medium boiling potatoes shopping list
- 4 tablespoons water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric shopping list
- 1 pinch ground red pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds shopping list
How to make it
- In large pot cover potatoes with water and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer covered for 35 minutes.
- Drain and cool slightly then peel and cut into cubes.
- In a blender process water, ginger, garlic, salt, turmeric and red pepper until a paste is formed.
- In a large preferably nonstick skillet heat oil over medium high heat.
- When hot add the fennel and cook 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and stir in spice paste then cook 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes and stir with a spatula to evenly coat with the spice paste.
- Fry 10 minutes turning occasionally until potatoes have a golden brown crust.