Pork Medallions In A Caper White Wine Cream SauceFrom sparow64 4 years ago
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 1/2 pounds total) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2/3 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 2/3 cup light cream shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained shopping list
- **As always, chicken stock can be substituted for white wine. I add a squeeze or two of fresh lemon juice when I use the stock - which is most of the time, LOL ** shopping list
How to make it
- Cut each tenderloin crosswise into six 1-inch thick slices.
- With a meat mallet or cleaver, pound each slice to 1/2-inch thickness.
- In a large skillet cook pork medallions in hot butter over medium heat about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove pork to a warm platter; season with salt. Keep warm.
- Add wine to skillet drippings.
- Bring to boiling, scraping up any browned bits in skillet.
- Add cream, garlic and pepper.
- Cook and stir 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat, stir in capers.
- To serve, pour sauce over pork.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating6 people
Love pork tenderloin, this sounds delicious!maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it
very nice! ^5!!andiecooks in home loved it
this is so good.. the recipe sounds like I am home at my great grandmothers or my great aunts house...five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it