Apricot-chicken Pot Stichers - Diabetic FriendlyFrom spinach1948 3 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 cups plus 1 Tbs. water, divided shopping list
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts ( about 8-oz ) shopping list
- 2 cups chopped finely shredded cabbage shopping list
- ½ cup all-fruit apricot preserves shopping list
- 2 green onions with tops, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp. soy sauce shopping list
- ½ tsp. Grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 30 ( 3-inch ) wonton wrappers shopping list
- Prepared sweet and sour sauce ( Optional ) shopping list
How to make it
- Bring 2 cups water to boil in medium saucepan. Add chicken. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove from saucepan; drain.
- Add cabbage and remaining 1 tablespoon water to saucepan. Cook over high heat 1 to 2 minutes or until water evaporates, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Finely chop chicken. Add to saucepan along with preserves, green onions, soy sauce, ginger and pepper; mix well.
- To assemble pot stickers, remove 3 wanton wrappers at a time from package. Spoon slightly rounded tablespoonful of chicken mixture onto center of each wrapper; brush edges with water. Bring 4 corners together; press to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Spray steamer with non-stick cooking spray. Assemble steamer so that water is ½ -inch below steamer basket. Fill steamer basket with pot stickers, leaving enough space between them to prevent sticking.
- Cover; steam 5 minutes. Transfer pot stickers to serving plate. Serve with prepared sweet and sour sauce, if desired. Makes 10 servings ( 3 pot stickers each )
- Nutritional Values Per Serving: Calories: 145, Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 17mg, Sodium: 223mg
- Note: This is a Diabetic Friendly recipe.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating2 people
Quick N Easy121 members
Appetizers And Dips266 members
Chinese Food135 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place158 members
Party Foods24 members
Heres The FoodWheres The Party14 members
Chicken Please143 members
Appetizers A Gogo44 members
A Fruity World45 members
Diabetic Friendly Recipes43 members