Chai Oatmeal Currant CookiesFrom t_wise 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened shopping list
- 3 tbsp canola oil shopping list
- 1/2 c packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp splenda or white sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 c wheat flour shopping list
- 1/4 c tapioca flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 chai tea bag shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats shopping list
- 1/2 c dried currants shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine, oil, brown sugar, splenda, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flax seed and water until goopy and add to the wet mixture.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Open the tea bag and pour the spices in with the dry ingredients, and add them to the wet mixture. Stir in the oats and currants. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until light and golden. Do not overbake. Let them cool 10 minutes or more before removing. Store in airtight container.