Cajun Macaroni SaladFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- 2 lbs shrimp, unpeeled with heads on shopping list
- 1 quart water shopping list
- 2 tbs liquid crab boil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, quartered shopping list
- 3 tbs salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked, drained and crushed. Reserve bacon fat. shopping list
- 1 tbs garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 cup fresh parsley chopped shopping list
- 5 boiled egges shopping list
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp crab boil shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- reserved bacon fat shopping list
- 1 tbs paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Cook shrimp with heads on and unpeeled in 1 quart of water. Add 2 tbs of crab boil and medium quartered onion to water and boil for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 3 tbs of salt, stir and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and peel shrimp. Reserve liquid and cook the elbow macaroni in it until al dente.
- In a large bowl, combine drained macaroni, chopped onion, celery, bacon, garlic, chopped egg whites and parsley.
- In a separate bowl, combine mashed egg yellows with 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp cayenne, 1 tsp crab boil, mayonnaise and bacon fat until well blended.
- Add to macaroni and mix well. Sprinkle paprika on top.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
The Rating7 people
yummykarlyn255 in Ypsilanti loved it
now this takes mac salad to a new level!dynie in Marietta loved it
I Love this Salad!
Great Flavors create a "5"FORK!!!!!
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Cookbook Reviews148 members
Grandma Junes Kitchen85 members
Good Down Home Southern Food195 members
Pasta Place195 members
Onion Junkies100 members
NEW ORLEANS64 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
Anything Goes286 members