Ultimate Chocolate Cupcakes with Ganache FillingFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- Ganache Filling: shopping list
- 2 oz bittersweet chocolate (Callebaut Intense dark chocolate L-60-40NV or Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate Baking Bar) shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 tbs confectioners' sugar shopping list
- chocolate Cupcake: shopping list
- 3 oz bittersweet chocolate (Callebaut Intense dark chocolate L-60-40NV or Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate Baking Bar) shopping list
- 1/3 cup (1oz) Dutch-processed cocoa shopping list
- 3/4 cup hot coffee shopping list
- 3/4 cup (4 1/8oz) bread flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup (5 1/4oz) granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp table salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 6 tbs vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 2 tsp white vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- Creamy Chocolate Frosting: shopping list
- 1/3 cup (2 1/3oz) granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 large egg whites shopping list
- Pinch table salt shopping list
- 12 tbs (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened and cut into 1 tbs pieces shopping list
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate (Callebaut Intense dark chocolate L-60-40NV or Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate Baking Bar), melted and cooled. Cool chocolate to between 85 to 100 degrees before adding to frosting. shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Ganache Filling:
- Place chocolate, cream, and confectioners' sugar in medium microwave-safe bowl. Heat in microwave until mixture is warm to touch., 20-30 seconds. Whisk until smooth; transfer bowl to refrigerator and let stand until just chilled, no longer than 30 minutes.
- adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard-size muffin pan (cups have 1/2 cup capacity) with baking-cup liners.
- Place chocolate and cocoa in medium bowl. Pour hot coffee over mixture and whisk until smooth. Set in refrigerator to cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Whisk flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda together in medium bowl; set aside.
- Whisk oil, eggs, vinegar, and vanilla into cooled chocolate-cocoa mixture until smooth. Add flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin pan cups. Place one slightly rounded teaspoon ganache filling on top of each cupcake.
- Bake until cupcakes are set and just firm to the touch, 17-19 minutes. Cool cupcakes in muffin pan on wire rack until cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes.
- Carefully lift each cupcake from muffin pan and set on wire rack. Cool to room temperature before frosting, about 1 hour. Frost and serve.
- Swiss Chocolate meringue buttercream Frosting:
- Combine sugar, egg whites, and salt in bowl of stand mixer; place bowl over pan of simmering water. Whisking gently but constantly, heat mixture until slightly thickened, foamy, and registers 150 degrees on instant-read thermometer, 2-3 minutes.
- Place bowl in stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment. Beat mixture on medium speed until consistency of shaving cream and slightly cooled, 1-2 minutes.
- Add butter, 1 piece at a time, until smooth and creamy. Once all butter is added, add cooled and melted chocolate and vanilla; mix until combined.
- Increase speed to medium-high and beat until light, fluffy, and thoroughly combined, about 30 seconds, scraping beater and sides of bowl with rubber spatula as necessary. Place finished frosting in microwave 5-10 seconds and stir 'til creamy if it becomes too thick to spread (if made in advance.)
- Creamy Malted Milk Chocolate Frosting:
- Follow recipe for Creamy Chocolate Frosting, reducing sugar to 1/4 cup, substituting milk chocolate for bittersweet chocolate, and adding 1/4 cup malted milk powder to frosting with vanilla extract in step 2.
- Creamy Vanilla Frosting:
- Follow recipe for Creamy Chocolate Frosting, omitting bittersweet chocolate and increasing sugar to 1/2 cup. (if final frosting seems too thick, warm mixer bowl briefly over pan of simmering water. Place bowl back on mixer and beat on medium-high until creamy.)
- Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting:
- Follow recipe for Creamy Chocolate Frosting, omitting bittersweet chocolate, increasing sugar to 1/2 cup and increasing salt to 1/8 tsp. Add 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter to frosting with vanilla extract in step 2. Garnish cupcakes with 1/2 cup chopped peanuts.
- Creamy Butterscotch Frosting:
- Follow recipe for Creamy Chocolate Frosting, substituting dark brown sugar for granulated sugar and increasing salt to 1/2 tsp
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
The Rating3 people
Sweet Tooth446 members
Cookies And Sweets451 members
Sweet Suite159 members
Anything Goes289 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
Butter Is Better68 members
International Baking67 members
Chocolate Finatics25 members
My Passion Is Baking62 members