Strawberry cream Cheese MuffinsFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 2 c flour shopping list
- 3/4 c plus 3 Tbs sugar,divided shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 6 Tbs unsalted butter,chilled,cut up shopping list
- 1 c chopped strawberries shopping list
- 3/4 c plus 2 Tbs buttermilk shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 (3 oz) pkg cream cheese,cut in 12 cubes shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease bottoms of 1 2 muffin cups or line with paper liners. combine flour,3/4 c sugar ,baking powder and baking soda in med. bowl.
- With pastry blender or 2 knives,cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in strawberries.
- Whisk buttermilk and egg in small bowl until blended. Gently stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture just until combined. Divide evenly among muffin cups. Dip cream cheese pieces in 2 Tbs of the sugar;place in center of each muffin. Press cream cheese until level with batter (do not cover cream cheese with batter). Sprinkle muffins with remaining 1 Tbs sugar.
- Bake 2o to 25 mins or till light brown and toothpick comes out clean(do not put toothpick in cream cheese). Cool on wire rack 10 mins. Remove from pan;serve warm or at room temperature. Store in refrigerator.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating6 people
SOUNDS REALLY GOOD PAT YUMMMMMMminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Another winner!valinkenmore in Malott loved it