Peanut Butter Fruit SaladFrom kittens 4 years ago
- Sliced bananas shopping list
- Sliced celery shopping list
- Large chopped apples, both red and yellow. shopping list
- Don't use a tart apple such as Granny Smith. shopping list
- Optional additions: grapes, Minature marshmellows, shopping list
- chopped nuts...peanuts or pecans shopping list
- For the sauce; shopping list
- Equal parts peanut butter, either creamy and chunky, and mayonaise, any type shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- milk for thinning sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Slice celery in thin slices on a slant.
- Cut up apples into medium size diced pieces.
- Peel bananas and cut in half lengthwise and slice.
- All the the fruit and veggie pieces should be about the size of a minature marshmellow.
- Mix cut fruit and veggies and set aside.
- Add chopped nuts if you're using them. Not too many, it's easy to over power it with nuts.
- Mix well equal parts mayo and peanut butter.
- Add cinnamon and vanilla and blend well
- Add milk and stir to incorporate. Keep adding milk and stirring until the sauce is the consistancy of a creamy salad dressing.
- Put cut fruit and veggies in a colander and pour the dressing over fruit and veggies.
- Toss and stir very carefully to coat each piece. Allow salad to drip 4 or 5 minutes in colander to drain out extra sauce.
- Put into a salad bowl or into individual serving dishes
The Cookkittens Boise, ID
The Rating4 people
Grabbed this one up, Ms. Kitten, because I had everything on hand, I LOVE fruit and peanut butter. Had I not grown up on an apple salad that uses mayo for a sweet base, I'd have been skeptical, but it just tastes like a buttermilky peanut butter dres...morekeni in Sweet Home loved it
A meal in one - served in an icecream waffle for me without cooking!! Thanks for sharing.
~Nada~nadaism in Bathurst loved it