Eggplant LasagnaFrom stalwart 3 years ago
- 2 large eggplants (sliced lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices) shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. oregano shopping list
- 3 cups part-skim ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups reduced fat mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 4 cups low sodium tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Spray eggplant with cooking spray on both sides and season with black pepper and oregano. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and turn oven up to 375°F.
- While eggplant is baking, combine ricotta cheese, egg, mozzarella cheese, and basil in a medium sized bowl.
- Spread tomato sauce on bottom of a baking dish. Layer eggplant, cheese mix, and 1 cup of tomato sauce. Continue until complete.
- Spread remaining mozzarella and Parmesan on top. Bake for 40 minutes. Set aside for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting.
- Note: Preparing the lasagna a day ahead of use will ensure easy cutting.
- Serves 6-8
- Nutrition facts (per serving): Calories: 199; Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 50mg; Sodium: 427mg; Carbohydrates: 15g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 15g; Calcium: 318
- Diabetic Recipe - Heart Healthy Recipe - Gluten Free Recipe