Lemon Scones with Sour Lemon GlazeFrom chef2 7 years ago
- lemon Scones with Sour lemon glaze shopping list
- ngredients: shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter, cut shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest* shopping list
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- icing Ingredients: shopping list
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- yellow food color, optional shopping list
- Description: shopping list
- Flaky lemon scones, drizzled with a tangy lemon icing shopping list
- Yield: shopping list
- 8 scones shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Cut in the butter.
- 2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon zest and juice, cream, and egg.
- 3. Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients, just until a dough starts to form. Knead a couple times until the dough holds together.
- 4. On a lightly floured surface, gently press dough into a circle, about an inch thick. Cut into 8 wedges (I use a pizza cutter to quickly and neatly cut the wedges!).
- 5. Place scones on an ungreased baking sheet, not touching each other, and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven and let rest on the sheet for 5 minutes.
- 6. Prepare the icing by mixing the powdered sugar with enough lemon juice to make a drizzling consistency. Add a drop or two of yellow food color if desired.**
- 7. Place scones on a wire rack. Drizzle or brush icing over warm scones. These scones are delicious hot, but I think they taste even better the next day, when the lemon flavor has permeated the scone even more!
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookchef2 Las Vegas, NV
The Rating4 people
This recipe looks absolute perfect. I love lemon anything. Thank you for sharing this 5 fork winner.lor in Toronto loved it
Wow. This just makes my mouth water. Yum Thanks so much for this post. The oven awaits. A 5 from me.tablescape in loved it
YUM...lemon and more lemon... five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it