Hot Wieners Rhode Island StyleFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 yellow onions, minced, divided shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- 2 tablespoons paprika shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon curry shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef, 80/20 shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 20 hot dogs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 20 hot dog buns shopping list
- yellow mustard shopping list
- 2 tablespoons celery salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saute pan over medium heat add, margarine and 1 minced onion. Saute till translucent, but do not brown. Next add chili powder, paprika, allspice, curry, dry mustard and cinnamon. Then add beef, stir thoroughly and cook for 5 minutes, add water and simmer over medium to low heat for 30 minutes.
- In a medium sauce pot boil hot dogs with salt and steam buns.
- When meat is done simmering, add meat mixture to the hot dog in the bun, top evenly with minced onion, yellow mustard, and a sprinkle celery salt.