NC BBQ Pulled Pork crockpotFrom efitobx 3 years ago
- 2 onions, quartered shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon paprika shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 4-6 pound Boston Butt shopping list
- *** shopping list
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 3 teaspoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne shopping list
How to make it
- Place quartered onions in crockpot.
- Combine the brown sugar, paprika, salt & pepper; Rub mixture into the Boston Butt.
- Place the roast on top of the onions in the crockpot
- Combine the vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, sugar, dry mustard, garlic salt & cayenne. Stir to mix well.
- Drizzle about 1/3 of the vinegar/spice mixture over the roast. Cover & refrigerate remaining vinegar/spice mixture.
- Cover the stoneware & cook on low for 10-12 hours (or high 4-6 hours).
- Drizzle about a third of the remaining vinegar/spice mixture over the roast during the last 1/2 hour of cooking.
- Remove the meat & onions, drain Discard the vinegar/spice mixture from the stoneware.
- Use two forks to pull apart pork butt (Optional chop meat & onions)
- Serve the meat & onions on buns. If desired, top the meat with coleslaw. Use the refrigerated vinegar/spice mixture to drizzle over the sandwiches.
The Cookefitobx Norfolk, VA
The Rating10 people
This is what im talking about. Just got a new crockpot too. This sounds like a fantastic way to break the girl in. Thanks.doubled in Upstate loved it
WOW! Sounds delish. Made my mouth water. I am sooo making that! Thank you for sharing!alykorobova in Chico loved it
This little piggy's butt is in the crock pot tomorrow!woodstock in HAWI loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!