Japanes Style Crispy PorkFrom pleclare 3 years ago
- 1 lb thin cut pork chops or cutlets,trimmed shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 2 Tbs. chinese rice wine,sake or sherry shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp finely grated peeled ginger shopping list
- 2 med. cucumbers shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 2 c panko crumbs shopping list
- 3/4 c cornstarch shopping list
- peanut oil for frying shopping list
- 1/4 c tonkatsu sauce(a sweet-spicy Japanese dipping sauce,sold near soy sauce;or make youer own by mixing 2Tbs. ea. ketchup,worcestershire sauce and sugar with 1 Tbs water). shopping list
How to make it
- Season pork with salt. mix rice wine and 1 tsp ginger and spread on pork. Stack pork and set aside.
- Peel,quarter and seed cucumbers;cut in 4 spears. toss with sugar and vinegar. Toast pepper flakes with 1 Tbs salt in skillet over med. heat,about 4 mins;set aside.
- Beat the eggs with 1/2 c water in shallow bowl. Put the panko and cornstarch in 2 seperate shallow bowls. Dredge each piece of pork in cornstarch,dip in egg,then coat with Panko.
- Heat 3/4' of peanut oil in large skillet over high heat. Fry the pork in batches until golden,3 to 4 mins a side. Drain on paper-towel-lined plate.
- Sprinkle the cucumbers with some of the spiced salt. Mix the tonkatsu sauce and remaining 1/2 tsp ginger in a bowl. Serve the pork with the cucumbers and sauce.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
Sounds delicious, Pat!! Thanks for the posting... ^5windy1950 in Flint loved it
Sounds like this would work for my girlfriend get together!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
High 5! sound good!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it