Lemon Garlic Spanish Chicken Thighs and Rice PilafFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 4 Tbs butter shopping list
- 1/4 c broken pieces thin spaghetti shopping list
- 1 c rice shopping list
- 3 c chicken stock shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 lb cured chorizo(about 5 links)casings removed and sliced on an angle 1" thick shopping list
- 8 chicken thighs shopping list
- 4 small onions,quarted lenthwise,roots intact2 small regular or meyer lemons,sliced crosswise 1/2" thick shopping list
- 3/4 c piemento-stuffed green olives shopping list
- 6 large cloves garlic,thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 2 tsps. sweet smoked paprika or paprika shopping list
- 1/2 c dry white wine or 1/3 c sherry shopping list
- 1/2 c flat-leaf parsley shopping list
How to make it
- In large saucepan,melt 3 Tbs butter over med.heat. Add pasta and toast 3 mins. Stir in rice to coat. Add 2 c chicken stock and bring to boil,then cover the pot,lower the heat and simmer 15 mins.,fluff with fork.(If rice sticks near end of cooking ,add a splash more stock.)Season with salt and pepper.
- In large,deep skillet with tight fitting lid,heat 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil over med-high heat. Add chorizo and cook,turning until browned,2 to 4 mins. Using slotted spoon,transfer to paper towel-lined plate. Season chicken wit a lot of pepper and a little salt and add to drippins in the skillet. Cook over med heat,turning once,until browned,about 15 mins. Transfer to plate.
- Add remaining 1 Tbs oil to skillet. Add onions,season with salt and pepper and cook,tossing frequently for 2 mins. Add lemons,onion,garlic,bay leaves and paprika;cook,stirring frquently 2 mins. Add wine and cook ,scraping up browned bits from the pan. Stir in remaining cup of stock.
- Return chicken and chorizo to skillet,cover the pan,lower the heat and simer 5 mins. Transfer all the solid ingredients to a platter. Reduce the sauce for a min. over high heat,then stir in remaining 1 Tbs butter and parsley. Pour sauce over chicken. Discard bay leaves. Serve alongside or on top of the pilaf.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
This has my mouth watering just reading it! ;')justjakesmom in Everett loved it
You knew this one had my name all over it, didn't you? lol LOVE it.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Smashing recipe! Right up my street. I can't have enough chicken recipes. Thanks for posting,
Susansitbynellie in Glasgow loved it