Almanzo Wilders Fried Apples n OnionsFrom iamcharmed 5 years ago
How to make it
- In a large skillet fry the bacon until brown and crisp
- Remove bacon and put on a warming platter
- Drain all but 1 tbsp of bacon grease
- Add the onion slices
- Cook over medium high heat for about 3 minutes
- Add the apple slices
- Stir in the brown sugar
- Cover the skillet and let cook until onions and apples are tender but not mushy
- Stir enough to prevent scorching
- Remove to large serving bowl and crumble bacon on top.
- Serve immediately.
The Cookiamcharmed Thomaston, GA
The Rating4 people
"Oh Me~Oh My"~
How many times have I read the
'Little House' books to my 4Th grade students
and of course this very "5"FORK!!!!! recipe???
When I read the ingredients in the 'dish'
I always tried to do it in suc...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
thank you for sharing the recipe with all of us..five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!