Garlic and Goats Cheese Mashed PotatoesFrom pkusmc 6 years ago
How to make it
- Peel and cube the potatoes and put in a pan, covering them with water.
- Add smashed garlic cloves
- Add salt to water and bring to a boil.
- Boil for approx 10-15 minutes, or until soft
- In another pan, add butter and allow to melt and brown slightly (adds a nice nutty flavor)
- Add buttermilk and warm on medium heat. Do not allow to boil, and do not over cook as it will curdle.
- When potatoes are done, mash while stirring in goats cheese and buttermilk/butter mixture, until you reach desired consistency.
- Add pepper to taste
- Serve hot!
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookpkusmc Worcester, USA
The Rating5 people
This sounds delicious, saved and will definitely be making these this coming weekend.dixiesmom in Winnipeg loved it
Love goat cheese!clbacon in Birmingham loved it
Definitely 5 forks, people. We loved this recipe, but watch the butter/buttermilk mixture as stated. It does tend to curdle very quickly. I used goat's cheese with fine herbs since it caught my eye in the store. May try the peppercorn variety next ...moredixiesmom in Winnipeg loved it