Garlicky Tortellini Soup With Sausage Tomatoes And SpinachFrom foodygirl1979 7 years ago
- 1 pound mild or hot sausage, removed from casings shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped fairly small shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped fine shopping list
- 1- 32oz. carton chicken broth shopping list
- 1- 14oz. can chicken broth shopping list
- 1 pound frozen cheese tortellini shopping list
- 1- 14oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1- 10oz. bag fresh spinach, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped, or 3/4 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste, optional shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste, optional shopping list
- parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, saute sausage and onion over medium low heat until onion is soft, breaking up the sausage as it cooks.
- Add garlic and saute 1 to 2 more minutes. Pour in carton and can of chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add frozen tortellini and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes (with the juice). Bring to a boil again, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach (it will look like too much, but it will wilt quickly), basil and pepper flakes, if using. Simmer 5 minutes more. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Pass the parmesan at the table.