German Apple CakeFrom shandy 6 years ago
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup veg oil (beat with eggs until foamy), add shopping list
- 1-3/4 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla (mix together), then add: shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda (mix all together) add: shopping list
- 4 cups thinly peeled and sliced apples (about 4 – I use Granny Smith) shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 1 - 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 3 TBL melted butter shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Add vegetable oil to eggs in mixer and beat until foamy. Add the sugar and vanilla and mix. Now, add the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Mix together. Add thinly sliced apples by folding in with a spatula. The batter will be very thick but this is normal and there will seem to be more apple then batter. Again, this is what you want.
- Bake in 13x9” pan at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes
- Mix ingredients til smooth. Add a little milk if too thick.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
The Rating7 people
Yummy! I added this to the cinnamon sensations group.a1patti in Salem loved it
This looks sinful. Saving to make, thanks for the post, you have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
wow...great post...five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!