Green Tomato And Onion CasseroleFrom cuzpat 5 years ago
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp Packed brown sugar shopping list
- sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teasp salt shopping list
- 1/2 teasp dry mustard shopping list
- 1/4 teasp pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teasp cloves shopping list
- 4 green tomatoes shopping list
- 1 Large onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a small bowl, stir together flour, sugar, salt, mustard, pepper and cloves; set aside.
- 2. Cut out stem ends and slice tomatoes ¼ inch thick.
- 3. In greased 8 cup casserole dish, arrange tomatoes and onion in alternate layers, starting and ending with tomatoes and sprinkling each layer with about 1 tbsp. of the four mixture.
- 4. Dot with butter; cover and bake in 350¦oven for 45 minutes.
- 5. Uncover and stir; bake for about 30 minutes longer or until onions are tender.
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating5 people
Got a similar recipe I make when the garden is in abundance with tomatoes.... Green Fried Tomotoes....knick it from the movie of the same name LoL....but will make your version next time when I can get some green tomatoes.....*****high 5tinadc in Cape Town loved it
A goodyhungrybear in Miner loved it
Lot of good recipes here today, and this is a nice one!superfoodman in Metropolis loved it