Creme Brulee CookieFrom bigcookiedude 5 years ago
- 2 1/2 C flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 lb butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 C packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 C granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz) Jello™ French vanilla instant pudding shopping list
- 2 (large) eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract shopping list
- raw sugar (to sprinkle on top) shopping list
- cinnamon (optional, to sprinkle on top) shopping list
- "Custard" filling: shopping list
- 1 pkg (2.9 oz) Jello™ Cook&Serve custard shopping list
- 1 C milk (I use 2%) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare custard filling:
- In a small sauce pan, whisk custard mix into milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking frequently to prevent scorching and lumps. Set aside to cool for at least 30 minutes. *Custard will be thick.*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together first 5 ingredients into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add instant pudding, mixing well. Add eggs, then vanilla extract, mixing until well blended. Scrape down sides of bowl as necessary. Slowly add flour, mixing well.
- Using a standard (2 oz) ice cream scoop, or rounded tablespoons, drop dough onto an un-greased parchment lined baking sheet. Using the back of a spoon, or the round handle of a kitchen utensil, press an indentation into the center of each cookie. Whisk the cooled custard until smooth.
- Spoon custard into the indentations.
- Sprinkle raw sugar (and cinnamon, if desired) over cookies.
- For 2 oz cookie, bake at 350 degrees for 14-16 minutes. For rounded tablespoon-size cookies, bake 10-12 minutes. After one minute, transfer from pan to wire rack to cool. The custard center will be thin. Allow 15-20 minutes to "set."
The Cookbigcookiedude Vinton, VA
The Rating9 people
I've now officially run out of belt loops ! This looks too decadent to give to the grandkids - more for the cook '-)
5 forks it is....
BQbarbequeman in Salt Lake City loved it
love your recipe!midgelet in Eastern loved it
I'm like BQ... I prolly wouldna be sharin these with the grandkids!! ^5windy1950 in Flint loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!