New York Strip Steak Smothered In Brown GravyFrom donman 5 years ago
- 4 ¾” New York strip steaks (or any kind of steaks) shopping list
- ½ cup flour shopping list
- 4 (12 oz) jars of Heinz savory beef gravy shopping list
- 1 tablespoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for frying shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Using a large bowl, mix together the flour, pepper, salt and garlic powder.
- Coat each steak with the flour mixture, shake off the excess flour and set steaks aside.
- In a 13X8 Pyrex dish, pour one jar of the gravy and spread evenly on the bottom then spread the onions all over.
- Preheat the oven to 300*
- Using a non stick skillet, heat the olive oil to medium heat and brown the steaks on both sides.
- Place the steaks on top of the onions in the Pyrex dish.
- Pour the rest of the jars of gravy all over the steaks.
- Cover and place into the 300* oven for 1-2 hours or until tender.