Zucchini Lemon PieFrom chefmeow 3 years ago
- 8" baked pie crust shopping list
- 2 small zucchini peeled and blended to juice shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 6 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 2 eggs separated shopping list
- 1 tablespoon honey shopping list
How to make it
- Heat zucchini juice, water, butter and honey.
- While heating combine cornstarch, salt, juice and zest then add to zucchini mix.
- Cook stirring constantly until thick.
- Beat egg yolks and add a little hot mixture to yolks stirring well.
- Pour yolks into hot mix and cook 1 minute then pour into pie shell and cool.
- While cooling make meringue using egg whites and honey.
- Spread over pie and bake at 400 for 5 minutes then chill and serve.