Chocolate Strawberry ShortcakeFrom thepoint 4 years ago
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, your favorite shopping list
- 2 quarts strawberries, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup white sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 1 container whipped cream (like Redi-Whip) shopping list
- 4 tablespoons chocolate syrup shopping list
- 2 cups strawberry sauce, see below shopping list
How to make it
- Make a large chocolate cake layer per box instructions. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine strawberries, sugar, and vanilla. Let the mixture stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Slice the cake across in 1-inch slices (not wedges). Begin the slicing by cutting about two inches off one side and reserve for later. Cut each long slice in half.
- On your serving plates, drizzle some chocolate syrup in a large "S" shape.
- On one side of the plate put a large (about 2 tablespoons) dollop of strawberry sauce. Place a piece of cake flat on the plate, partly over the sauce. Place the sweetened strawberry slices on the cake, cover with a row of whipped cream, then drizzle chocolate and strawberry sauces on top. Place a second piece of cake on top and repeat the toppings.
- Strawberry Sauce:
- Puree 1 quart strawberries in a blender. Add 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup orange juice. Blend until smooth.
- If you are not into mixes, bake your own chocolate cake and whip your own cream. It would only make it better!
The Cookthepoint Hagerstown, MD
The Rating3 people
Simple fact is that unless you're serving desert in the dunny you can't go wrong with chocolate and strawberries. The recipe is incredible. The presentation is artistic. The end result will be delicious. The directions got a bit scramed on entry but ...moreelgourmand in Apia loved it
Nice pic.elgourmand in Apia loved it
Hey, Art, what kind of cake mix do you prefer? Have you Ever used froz strawberries? Cool Whip Free ?
the strawberry and orange juice sound delightful!!ttaaccoo in Buffalo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!