Koto Me Kasseri - Chicken Parmagiana A La GrequeFrom alisdhair 4 years ago
- 4 large boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 ½ cups of coarse fresh bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 cup of grated fresh Kasseri cheese (accept NO substitute) shopping list
- 2 egg + ¼ cup of milk shopping list
- flour shopping list
- More fresh Kasseri – not grated shopping list
- --- shopping list
- 3 tender smaller sized zucchinis shopping list
- 4 cups of small mushrooms shopping list
- 16 oz. of cooked ziti shopping list
- ¼ lb. of butter shopping list
- ---SAUCE--- shopping list
- 2 lbs. of fresh tomatoes shopping list
- 1 cup of sundried tomatoes shopping list
- 1/3 a bunch of celery shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- 3-4 tbls. of chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 ½ cups of white retsina shopping list
- 2 cups of chicken stock shopping list
- 1 cups of tomato sauce shopping list
- Fresh oregano, flat leafed parsley and even basil. shopping list
- salt. pepper shopping list
How to make it
- FOR THE SAUCE: Peel the tomatoes and chop them to a fine pulp. Dice the celery and the onion small. Re-hydrate the sundried tomatoes in the wine and chop them as finely as possible.
- Heat ¾ a cup of olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion and the celery until the onion just starts to brown. Add garlic and cook a minute before putting in the fresh tomatoes. Cook further until the moisture is gone and then pour in the wine – Reduce by half.
- Add the chicken stock, sundried tomatoes and the tomato sauce. Simmer gently for 30 minutes. Finish with the herbs and season with the salt and pepper.
- FOR THE CHICKEN BREASTS: Pound them with a meat mallet until they are about half an inch thick. Dredge them in flour, then dip into egg-wash and then into the cheese and bread crumbs (mixed). Cook them in olive oil until they turn golden brown on both sides and finish by baking them in the oven.
- TO FINISH: Sauté the zucchini and mushrooms in ¼ lb. of butter. Put in the ziti (or penne pasta) and toss together. Divide this among 4 large shallow pasta bowls and top it with some of the sauce.
- Set the chicken on top of the pasta and ladle a little more of the sauce on it Put a thin slice (1/3 of an inch) of fresh kasseri cheese over the chicken. Set it beneath a broiler until the cheese toasts lightly.
The Cookalisdhair Falcarragh, IE
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!