Peanut Tuna and Cheese SandwichFrom elgourmand 5 years ago
- • 8 slices of bread, your choice of kind. shopping list
- • 8 slices of swiss cheese, more or less to suit, room temp. shopping list
- • About ½ cup of chopped peanuts. Chop until chinks are about the size of a grain of rice. shopping list
- • 1 can of flaked tuna, in water, drained. I use lightly sautéed fresh tuna (super delicious) but canned works. shopping list
- • Real mayonnaise, to suit your taste. shopping list
- • 1 small stalk of celery, chopped small. shopping list
- • ½ tsp Dijon mustard, to taste. shopping list
- • Pinch of parsley. shopping list
- • salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. If using fresh tuna, cut into very small chunks & sauté in olive oil or use cooking spray until just cooked. If using canned drain well.
- 2. Put the tuna, Mayonnaise, mustard, parsley and celery in a small mixing bowl.
- 3. Mix thoroughly, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- 4. Spoon the mixture onto one slice of bread and spread out evenly. Use as much or as little as you like.
- 5. Sprinkle on the chopped peanuts until you have a nice even coating.
- 6. Layer on the Swiss cheese slices and cover with the second slice of bread.
- 7. Slice as desired and serve.
- I sometimes pop this in the micro for 30 seconds, or so to soften the cheese a bit.
The Cookelgourmand Apia, WS
The Rating5 people
Ive never tried it with tuna. Could be a big yummy tuna burger using both ends of the bread loaf.
Nadanadaism in Bathurst loved it
A goodyhungrybear in Miner loved it
A winner to me!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!