Slaw BurgerFrom hungrybear 6 years ago
How to make it
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef and onion in a little shortening. Add barbecue sauce, water and brown sugar. Bring to boil; simmer for 2 hours.
- Serve on buns, topped with Zippy Cole Slaw.
- If you prefer a more traditional burger, be advised that the slaw serves any burger well.
- Zippy Cole Slaw
- 1 medium-size head red cabbage, trimmed, quartered and cored
- 1 fresh jalapeño chile, sliced (seeds optional)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed, crushed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Shred cabbage finely in a food processor. Remove to a large serving bowl.
- Place the jalapeño in the food processor (or a blender). Add the garlic, vinegar, mustard seed and celery seed; pulse to puree. Add the salt, sugar and cayenne. With the machine running slowly, drizzle in the vegetable oil. Add the sour cream and pulse to combine ingredients well. Refrigerate till ready to dress cabbage.
- About 1 hour before serving, toss the cabbage with the dressing, taste, and if necessary, adjust with more salt, sugar and / or vinegar.
- Serve on burgers, or as a side salad.
The Cookhungrybear Miner, MO
The Rating6 people
Three cheers for you and something different.tablescape in loved it
This slaw sounds good by itself!fishtrippin in Estelline loved it
I can totally do this one
karlyn255 in Ypsilanti loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!