Sweet MouthfulFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 4 egg whites shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar shopping list
- 1 cup of granulated sugar shopping list
- parchment paper shopping list
- 5 ounces of the finest semisweet chocolate shopping list
- 1 ounces of bittersweet chocolate shopping list
- 3 tablespoons of cream shopping list
- 3 cups of cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup of sugar shopping list
- 1 pint of strawberries, washed, hulled, sliced shopping list
- Reserve on perfect strawberry for the top of the dish as garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to very slow (250 degrees)
- Beat until stiff the egg whites with a pinch of salt, and the cream of tartar.
- Gradually add the cup of sugar and continue beating until smooth and glossy and very stiff.
- Trace out 3 circles 8 inches in diameter on the backside of a piece of parment. Line baking sheets with the parchment and use the tracings as a guide to spread the meringue evenly over the circles about 1/4 inch thick. Bake in a very slow oven for 25 minutes until the meingue is the palest gold but still pliable.
- Remove from oven and peel off the paper carefully. Put on cake racks to dry out and cool.
- Melt the chocolate that you have chopped in fine pieces over simmering water with the 3 tablespoons of cream
- Whip the three cups of cream with the sugar until firm peaks form.
- Prep the strawberries.
- Place a meringue circle on a serving plate and spread with a thin coating of the melted chocolate. Then spread a layer of the whipped cream and top this layer with the sliced strawberries. Put a second layer of meringue on top and repeat the layers.
- Finally top with the third meringue disc.
- Frost the sides with the remaining whipped cream.
- Decorate the top with any remaining chocolate drizzled from a spoon in a decorative pattern. Top with the best looking whole strawberry.
- Refrigerate at least two hours before service.