Most Wonderful Banana BreadFrom wps_suzanne 4 years ago
- 1-cup sugar (can use Splenda or other sugar substitute, I've used honey before too and its great!) shopping list
- 2-eggs (can use egg substitute) shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups mashed bananas (3-medium) shopping list
- 1/2-cup melted butter (can use 1/2-cup more banana, applesauce, yogurt, oil, or even mayo instead) shopping list
- 1-teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2-1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1-teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1-teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2-teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4-teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 2-teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS: shopping list
- 1/2-cup chopped walnuts, pecans, sunflower seeds, or flax seeds shopping list
- 1/2-cup chopped dates, raisins, currants, or other dried fruit shopping list
- 2-tablespoons cocoa shopping list
- 8-oz of well drained crushed pineapple shopping list
- 1/2-cup chocolate or peanut butter chips shopping list
- Add 1/4-cup peanut butter shopping list
- 1-tablespoon fresh orange zest shopping list
- 1/2-cup coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F and spray a 9x5x3 inch loaf pain with cooking spray.
- Put the wet ingredients as well as the sugar in a blender and blend up.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together and then fold in the wet ingredients just until moistened.
- Stir in nuts and fruit, if using.
- Pour into pans. Bake for 1-hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pan; remove from pan and place top side up on wire rack.
The Cookwps_suzanne Huntsville, AL
The Rating4 people
What a versatile recipe... thanks for sharing. =Dsugarmama in Chicago loved it
Great post!!wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
Yummy - I love nanner bread!jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!