Missouri Blackberry Jam CakeFrom cuzpat 6 years ago
- 1 c. butter shopping list
- 2 c. sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 c. buttermilk shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- 3 c. sifted flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cloves shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. allspice shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1 c. blackberry jam shopping list
- 4 egg whites, beaten stiff shopping list
- jam, melted (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Cream butter and sugar together well. Dissolve soda in buttermilk and add egg yolk. Sift flour and dry ingredients and alternate soda mixture and flour mixture to cream mixture.
- When mixed well, add vanilla and jam. Fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Bake in a greased tube pan at 300 degrees for 15 minutes. Drizzle with melted jam if desired.
- Slice very thin as this is a very rich cake. Blueberry jam from our own wild sweet Missouri blackberries make this cake a family favorite.
- Serves 20.
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating5 people
Ooooo Nice Recipe...*5*chef_irish in Gainesville loved it
This is a cake to love!superfoodman in Metropolis loved it
a Goodyhungrybear in Miner loved it