Zserbo Szelet - Gerbeaud SquaresFrom paprikamama 6 years ago
- 4 c. flour shopping list
- 1 1/3 c. butter shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. sugar shopping list
- 1 cake yeast shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 c. sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 lb. ground walnuts shopping list
- 1 c. sugar shopping list
- your favorite perserves shopping list
How to make it
- combine walnuts and sugar...set aside
- sift flour and baking soda, 1 tbsp.sugar and salt together in a bowl.
- cut in butter as for pie crust
- add egg, egg yolks, crumbled yeast and sour cream...knead together well.
- divide dough into 4 pieces.
- roll 1 piece to fit a 12x14 inch pan
- place in bottom of pan
- spread a thin layer of preserves on dough
- sprinkle on 1/3 of nut mixture
- repeat layers, ending with dough for top
- let rise in warm place for 1 hour
- bake at 350 for 45 minutes
- cool and spread top layer with chocolate icing or melted chocolate.
- slice and serve.