Taquitos de calle OlveraFrom elgourmand 4 years ago
How to make it
- 1. Get out your beef and let it come to room temp. If you’re using mince or chicken you need to cook this with some spices.
- 2. Heat abut ½ inch (12mm) of oil in a large skillet. The oil needs to be hot, about 350o F or 175o C.
- 3. While the oil is heating warm the tortillas in the microwave or regular oven to get them soft. Place between tow towels to keep them warm.
- 4. Put about 3 or 4 Tbs of the meat in a tortilla and roll it up nice and firm. Use a toothpick to keep it rolled up.
- 5. Put the taquitos in the oil with the flap side down and cook on each side until they just start to turn a golden color. Don’t over-cook. You’ll need to do these in two or three batches.
- 6. Remove from the oil and drain on paper towels or newspaper.
- Serve with cactus sauce or guacamole and a good Mexican beer. Some like to sprinkle a bit of cheese on these. You can serve these as a main course; just add some beans and a fresh green salad. This will serve three for a snack or two for a main course.
The Cookelgourmand Apia, WS
The Rating5 people
My Kids Love These and I Will Definately Make These for Them!!! I Like This Simple and Good!chef_irish in Gainesville loved it
Mexican Food317 members
MEXICAN FOOD425 members
FROM SCRATCH146 members
Friends In The Kitchen314 members
California Cooks31 members
Oldies But Goodies113 members
International Dishes43 members
World Wide Cuisine50 members
A Food Story14 members
Tex Mex And Southwestern Foods And Mexican56 members