Basic Condensed Cream SoupFrom magnoliasouth 3 years ago
- 1 stick (1/4 c.) of butter shopping list
- 1/4 c. + 2 tbs all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 c. milk (I use fat free/skim and it still comes out great) shopping list
- 2 low-sodium bouillon cubes of your favorite flavored, dissolved in small amount of water (the reason I say dissolved is that for me, the low-sodium cubes do not dissolve well in this thick soup) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp (see note) garlic powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp (see note) onion powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- Note: I personally LOVE garlic and onions so I use 1 whole tsp of each. Just use it to your personal taste. shopping list
How to make it
- Basic Directions:
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Slowly whisk in flour.
- Let it cook for about 1-2 minutes while whisking constantly.
- Whisk in milk until smooth.
- Stir in (dissolved) bouillon cubes, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper.
- Stir constantly until thick.
- It will be VERY thick, because it is condensed.
- To use as a soup:
- Slowly stir in 2 more cups of milk.
- Use your favorite add-in for the soup.
- To use in recipes:
- 1 basic direction recipe = 1 can condensed soup
The Cookmagnoliasouth Mobile, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!